Android 13 QPR3 Beta 3 has arrived for supported Pixel devices with some much needed fixes
The Android 13 QPR3 beta 3 release is meant exclusively for Pixel devices, models 4a and newer, that have not yet installed the Android 14 Public Preview and that are still running the Android 13 QPR3 Beta 2 or 2.1 builds (T3B2.230316.003/T3B2.230316.005). If this is the case, and you are currently signed up for the Android Beta program, an OTA update to QPR3 Beta 3 will be pushed to you automatically.
Top resolved Issues
- Fixed issues that could cause Wi-Fi calling to stop working.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the system to get stuck on the home screen with no app icons and either the normal background or a blank, black background.
- Fixed an issue where the system UI crashed when trying to access the Wallpaper & style screen both in the system settings app or by long-pressing from the home screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the screen on some devices to flash green when toggled if the phone was in a high temperature environment.
- Fixed an issue where the camera displayed a black screen if the user tried to open the camera by pressing the power button twice.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases when a work profile is switched on or off, the device rebooted instead.
Other known issues:
- The list of Recent apps sometimes becomes unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the list is open.
The final quarterly release for the Android 13 QPR3 beta program is expected to take place in June when it will see its consumer launch. However, as with any beta release, users should be aware that there may still be bugs and other issues that need to be addressed from here until its final version.